Who are we?
Local News Now LLC is a local news publisher serving large local communities in the Washington, D.C. metro area.
A recognized leader in online-only local news, we are hyper-focused on building engaged online communities by providing original news content that's interesting, useful and updated frequently.
In addition to serving local readers, we serve local businesses and organizations with cost-effective advertising and marketing solutions. We pride ourselves on working closely with advertisers to customize solutions that best fit their needs and budgets.
Our Owned and Operated Sites:
ARLnow.com, The flagship of the Local News Now LLC lineup delivers timely and relevant local news to the hundreds of thousands of people who live or work in Arlington.
- Founded in January 2010
- Reaches more than 250,000 unique visitors per month in Arlington, Va.\
- More than 38,000 Twitter followers and 20,000 Facebook fans
- daily email newsletter with more than 11,000 subscribers
- Strongest demographic is age 25-44. Reflecting Arlington's extraordinary economic strength, the portion of our readership that earns $150k+ and has a graduate degree is nearly off the charts when compared to the U.S. average.
RestonNow.com, the local news source of record for the Reston community.
- Founded in October 2013
- More than 10,000 Facebook fans
- Reaches more than 70,000 unique visitors per month
- Readership is:
- Younger than your typical newspaper, with 25-54 as the strongest relative age range
Tysons Reporter is hoping to launch soon, but we need your help!
In order to get the advertisers we need to make this site awesome (and free for readers), we need to build our email list.
Sign up now and tell everyone you know in Tysons, McLean and Vienna, and you will have helped us get that much closer to launch.
Press and Mentions
Among the articles we've been mentioned in:
- Street Fight: ‘Indie’ Local News Now Finds Profitability in Affluent-but-Challenging D.C. Market
- Washington City Paper: Best of D.C. 2016
- NetNewsCheck: Hyperlocal Targets $100K From Sponsored
- Nieman Journalism Lab at Harvard University: In suburban D.C., a network of hyperlocal news sites expands and bets on local advertising
- Washington Post: "A relatively large operation by 'hyperlocal' standards"
- Street Fight: How to Get to 5 Years of Success in Hyperlocal Publishing
- American Press Institute: Making Local Sponsored Content
- NetNewsCheck: Sponsored Content Meets Local Success
- Street Fight: 'Indie' Hyperlocal Launches New Outlets in Suburban D.C.
- American Journalism Review: Life After Patch
- Knight Digital Media Center: Patch Is Learning the Hard Way in Local News
- Columbia Journalism Review: Community, crime, and culture news for a D.C. suburb
- DCRTV: Local News Now launches a Northern Virginia local news site
- Disruptive Competition Project: Online Journalism Not All Doomed
- Potomac Local: Independent Washington Area News Sites Growing
- TBD.com: The best #DCjournotweep covering local news
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce: How to Pitch the Media